3CAD Civil Designer
As a lead designer, you will be a key component of a design team providing cost-effective solutions for our client’s water and wastewater needs. We are looking for a designer with 3-8 years of experience in preparing civil/environmental drawings for municipal projects and regulatory review. Knowledge of piping, topographic, utility, plant design, cost estimating, quantity takeoff, bidding and graphic presentation is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare drawings of various types with detail to fully explain the graphic representation of the design elements of a project;
- Work within a team environment to identify the best solutions for a given issue;
- Develop drawings and standards for projects and details associated with each design;
- Review rough sketches from engineers and develop base maps and drawings based on information provided, determine the best presentation method to fully explain the project requirements;
- Assist in evaluating cost alternatives based on the design elements;
- Develop technical specifications for the graphic drawings to assure clear and precise construction techniques and materials for a project;
- Prepare working drawings for the design Team to use in the development and preparation of final drawings for a project;
- Organize and prioritize the work based on changing requirements from the client, regulatory reviews and project team leader;
- Determine and provide 3D presentations to graphically depict the placement and construction of treatment units and piping systems;
- Introduce new ideas and methods and assist in training of staff in these methods; and
- Working knowledge of Civil 3D AutoCad and MicroStation.
- Associates in CAD Drafting or equivalent experience;
- Previous experience in Civil 3D AutoCad;
- Previous experience in developing civil/environmental drawings;
- Team oriented, good communication skills written & oral, desire to advance to managing design groups.