This position is open for a person with 3 or more years of experience in accounting for a small business with a focus for a professional consulting practice. You’re an excellent candidate if you have an accounting or finance degree and exhibit a desire to join a “Team” oriented group that is a fast-paced growth group.
Our company is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to oversee our accounting department. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for monitoring general accounting practices, budgeting, developing internal accounting controls, tracking high volume corporate client accounts, and building a strong financial team. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to our CEO and management team as well as play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is a redundant process backup in place for every critical operation;
- Create new internal accounting corporate policies and maintain existing policies;
- Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability;
- Develop monthly and quarterly accounting reports for the management and executive teams
- Implement and monitor the month, quarter, and year-end closeout accounting schedules;
- Be a participant in the marketing and business development process with the management team
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Develop training programs for project managers in interpreting and using project reporting; and
- Attend seminars and conferences to gain additional skills in accounting software implementation and use.
Accounting Manager Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required;
- 3 -5 years’ experience as an accountant, budget analyst, or a financial management role;
- Exceptional leadership abilities; and
- Strong budgeting, financial forecasting and financial analysis skills required.