This position is reserved for a unique person that is committed to performing professional consulting for municipal clients that are in need of direction, expertise and solutions that truly matter in various communities. This position will lead our solutions-based team technically and with a business management approach. This position will be part of our management/leadership group and will interface with clients and our team. The successful candidate will have 10 years of project design, management, and client experience. If you’re looking for a growing firm that focuses on its people and finds solutions that make a difference in the lives of our clients, then this is where you belong.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders;
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects;
- Mentor, coach, and train design staff in an open and team approach;
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget;
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility;
- Ensure resource availability and allocation;
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress;
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs;
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques;
- Report and escalate to management group as needed;
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks;
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors; and
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of civil/environmental engineering;
- Proven working experience as a project manager/lead project engineer in the civil/environmental sector;
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in design of water & wastewater systems;
- Excellent client-facing and internal communications;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office solutions
- PMP / Operator certification is a plus.